Seven alumni elected to serve on 2024–2025 Board of Trustees

Green lawns in front of an old, ivy-covered building with blue skies in the background.
Nassau Hall on a clear day.
Calvin Grover / The Daily Princetonian

Seven alumni have been elected to serve on the 2024-25 Board of Trustees, the University announced Friday, June 28. With seven other trustees having completed their terms on June 30, the size of the Board remains at 37 members.

Bob Peck ’88 and Anthony Yoseloff ’96 will be returning to the Board having completed their terms in 2023, while Aisha Chebbi ’24, Ann Chen ’89, Anthony Romero ’87, Sarah Marie Michelle Bruno GS ’21, and Edward Felsenthal ’88 were elected to the Board for the first time.

The seven trustees who recently completed their terms are Jackson Artis ’20, Pete Briger ’86, Janeria Easley GS ’16, Henri Ford ’80, Philip U. Hammarskjold ’87, Carla Vernón ’92, and Melissa Wu ’99.

Members of the Board are not required to have graduated from the University, however, with the exception of ex officio member Gov. Phil Murphy, all current trustees are alumni.

The board elected Bob Peck ’88 and Anthony Yoseloff ’96 to serve six-year terms as Charter Trustees. According to the Office of the President, if re-elected, Charter Trustees have the opportunity to serve an “additional, contiguous two-year term.”

Peck, the managing director of private investment firm FPR Partners, previously served on the Board as Term Trustee from 2019–23. The first in his family to attend college, Peck graduated with an A.B. in History and funded an initiative to provide opportunities for first-generation and low-income Princeton students such as life sciences and engineering courses in Princeton’s Freshman Scholars Institute (FSI). In addition, he is currently the Chair of the Princeton University Investment Company (PRINCO) Board of Directors

Yoseloff is also a member of the PRINCO Board of Directors, and similarly served as Term Trustee from 2019–23. He received an A.B. from the School of Public and International Affairs and is currently management partner and chief investment officer of Davidson Kempner Capital Management. He is also a member of various nonprofit boards. In 2011, Yoseloff and his wife Nanar made a gift to name Yoseloff Hall, one of five dormitories in Butler College. 

Having previously served as trustees, Peck and Yoseloff were eligible to serve as Charter Trustees as it had been one year since the conclusion of their previous term. 

Ann Chen ’89 and Anthony Romero ’87 were elected by the board to serve four-year terms as Term Trustees.

Chen, a former partner at Bain & Company, earned her B.S.E. in computer science and is now an independent nonprofit consultant based in the Bay Area. She is on the board of nonprofit literacy organizations Common Sense and the Corporation of Yaddo, and has previously served on Princeton’s Dean’s Leadership Council, the alumni board of Harvard Business School, and Harvard Graduate School of Education’s Dean’s Leadership Council.

Romero is the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), where he has worked since September 2001. He received an A.B. from the School of Public and International Affairs and was awarded the Woodrow Wilson Award in 2019. In August 2023, Romero spoke at an orientation event for first-year students, reflecting on his career and urging members of the Class of 2027 to engage in discourse and free expression.

Sarah Marie Michelle Bruno GS ’21 and Edward Felsenthal ’88 were chosen by alumni to serve four-year terms as Alumni Trustees.

Bruno earned her Ph.D. in physics from Princeton after receiving a Bachelor of Arts in physics from Cornell University. She currently works at Johns Hopkins University as an assistant research scientist, and serves on the American Astronomical Society’s Committee for the Protection of Astronomy and the Space Environment (COMPASSE). During her time as a graduate student, Bruno furthered mental health programs on campus as Health & Life Chair of the Graduate Student Government (GSG).

Felsenthal received an A.B. degree from the School of Public and International Affairs, and has led several major media organizations during his career in journalism. He currently serves as Executive Chair of Time Magazine, where he was formerly editor-in-chief and CEO. Felsenthal frequently returns to campus, participating in residential college events, reunions panels, and other programs.

Aisha Chebbi was elected by the classes of 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025 to serve a four-year term as Young Alumni Trustee. An anthropology major from Miami, Florida, Chebbi held several leadership roles during her time as an undergraduate, including being a Residential College Advisor (RCA) for Yeh College and co-president of the Muslim Students Association. She was recently awarded the 2024 Spirit of Princeton Award for service, and is currently a Fulbright Scholar in Germany.

Ava Fonss is a staff News writer for the ‘Prince.’

Please send corrections to corrections[at]dailyprincetonian.com.