Frist has won over University's toughest critics — its students

You never thought you'd do it. You've been making Wa-runs diligently every Thursday and Saturday night since freshman year. You'll probably be gripped by midnight Wa-boli cravings for the rest of your life. But despite the Wa's charm and its virtual cult status on campus — you did it, didn't you?

You made your first Frist-run.

There could not have been more well-deserved hype surrounding this weekend's opening ceremony for the Frist Campus Center. It is everything the University said it would be and more. A place to eat, a place to study, a place to watch the Subway Series, a place to check e-mail, a place to hang out, a place to buy stamps, a place where you can charge everything to your account with one simple swipe. We are college students and we are impossible to please. We hate change, but we like Frist. So while we may poke fun at the Fort Knox mailboxes and the Nassau Street prices, the truth is we go to Frist — a lot.

There are always people you know at Frist, and more often than not they were the people who grumbled about how Princeton was doing just fine without some fancy-schmancy new student center. But just as they are sitting down to enjoy their savory Mongolian Grill, ask them if they remember why they ever walked all the way to the Wa for post-'Street' sustenance.

We would like to send our congratulations and gratitude to the University and especially to the members of the Frist family. Their generous donation has benefited the entire Princeton community and even its most skeptical component — students. We would also like to commend campus center director Paul Breitman, who transformed Robert Venturi '47's structure into a real haven for students.

As alumni filed through the Frist dining area in awe this weekend, we were reminded of how fortunate we are to be part of the Princeton community at this moment in time and at the beginning of a new era, one that promises to be even better than the last. As everyone predicted, Frist has permanently changed the face of campus life.

For our first and future Frist-runs — we thank you.