News » News & Notes
A backhoe accidentally ruptured a gas line at Alexander Street near Forbes College around 10 a.m. Monday morning, interrupting the gas supply to the college dining hall, according to University Spokesperson Martin Mbugua. Gas was restored later that afternoon.
The Department of Public Safety, Princeton Fire Department, Princeton Police Department and electric utility PSE&G responded to the scene. PSE&G workers turned off the gas and began repair work on the line, Mbugua said. No buildings were evacuated.
According to an email sent to students of Forbes College this morning, pedestrians to and from the college were being redirected during the repairs. Additionally, the Forbes lunch menu was modified while the pizza oven and grill were offline. Dining hall staff used a propane grill during repairs, Mbugua said. Dinner service was not affected, Dining Services announced on its website.