Best of 2013 – Lyrics We Loved, For Better Or Worse

robin-thicke-blurred-lines_11

Some indelible phrases definitely emerged in the year 2013 – “you came in like a wrecking ball,” “we’ll never be royals,” “you and me, we got our own sense of time,” “I’m up all night to get lucky,” just to name a few. Here are some of our personal favorites from this year that either had us swooning or cringing. We felt that both experiences were crucial in capturing the lyrical impact of music in 2013. So, without further ado, here are our favorite lyrics of the year – for better or worse.

Hey hey hey“- Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines” - Rachel Klebanov

Really, the entirety of “Blurred Lines” – Robin Thicke - It’s already been said a million times all over the internet, so I won’t say it again… Problematic, to say the least. - Jennifer Shyue

My name is Giovanni Giorgio, but everybody calls me Giorgio“ -Daft Punk and Giorgio Moroder, “RAM” - Jarred Mihalik

Thieves believe/Everybody steals/I believe there’s nothing to believe/But I’d love the manual/The instruction manual/Oh, liars/Swear that they never lie” – Franz Ferdinand, “Fresh Strawberries” - Max Gollin

Molecules expand, molecules exist
I’m a molecule but I stand in the mist” - Yung Lean, “Solarflare” - Cailin Hong

I’m tired, you tired, Jesus wept” – Kanye West, “Bound 2″ - Jarron McAllister

They murder kids here, why you think they don’t talk about it? They deserted us here.
Where the fuck is Matt Lauer at? Somebody get Katie Couric in here.” – Chance The Rapper, “Pusha Man” - Amy Garland

Stale conversation deserves but a bread knife
And punks who would laugh when they saw us together
Well, they didn’t know how to dress for the weather
” – Vampire Weekend, “Step” - Amy Garland

daft-punk-no-masks

comments powered by Disqus